AUTOSAR TOTAL SOLUTIONS
Model-based dynamic testing tool TPT (Time Partition Testing).
PikeTec is a software supplier of the world-renowned model-based embedded system testing tool TPT, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and its founders have more than ten years of experience in software testing at Daimler. As a model-based dynamic testing tool for embedded systems, TPT supports many mainstream tool platforms and testing environments in the industry, and can be applied to the entire embedded software development cycle to realize automated testing in various environments. Whether it is in test modeling, test environment, test evaluation, test report, etc., it has a strong advantage.
As PikeTec’s partner in Taiwan, Jotactic will help Taiwanese customers improve the development efficiency of embedded control systems with the TPT.
TPT Automated Testing Process
Test Case and Building Model
TPT is a test verification tool developed for embedded systems. The way to build test cases graphically is easy to read and maintain. It supports automatic generation of test cases for MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow, TargetLink and ASCET models.
1. Manually create test cases
- List test cases: parallel structure, conditional statement, loop statement, Excel import, signal preview, etc.
- Graphical state model test cases for complex models.
2. Automatically generate test cases
- Independent test platform Dashboard: Create a user interface for the system under test to perform manual testing and observe the system, record interactive content, and automatically generate test cases.
- TASMO Toolbox: Automatically searches Simulink/Stateflow and TargetLink models for structural analysis based on CC/DC principles, generates the fewest test cases and achieves the most comprehensive structural coverage.
- Automatically generate test cases based on equivalence classes: Divide the input signal into several equivalence intervals, randomly select values in each equivalence interval, automatically generate test cases, and traverse test scenarios.
- Automatically generate test cases based on variants: user-specified or automatically select the combination of states, transitions and paths in the state machine model to generate test cases, automatically cover all test scenarios, and greatly improve the efficiency of test modeling.
- Automatically generate test cases based on value ranges: Arrange and combine all output signal values to generate multiple test cases, and support custom signal extreme values and spacing. TPT’s specially designed preset value mode is suitable for boundary value testing.
- Import external test data to generate test cases: support importing multiple measurement files at the same time, back-to-back testing and regression testing.
Test evaluation and generation of test reports
- Supports the use of GUI evaluation functions to automatically evaluate test cases, such as Trigger Rule, Min/Max, Signal Comparison, Script, Condition Tree, Sequence check, Equivalence classes check.
- Signal Viewer: Observe signals for manual evaluation, support import/export of measurement files, synchronize sampling signal and test signal time, observe multiple test cases at the same time, etc.
- Supports back-to-back testing, regression testing, model internal signal observation, and tolerance setting.
- Automatically generate customized test reports: Contents, Figures, Paragraph, Signal Table, Section, etc.
TPT supports the mainstream tool chain of automotive electronics to cover all test stages in the entire V-mode (MiL, SiL, PiL, HiL, ViL) of product development, and can reuse established test cases without changing test tools. The powerful Fusion platform enables users to easily create simulation environments that include different components.
Toolchains supported by TPT at different testing stages:
I. Model-in-the-Loop and Software-in-the-Loop (MiL-SiL) Model-in-the-Loop and Software-in-the-Loop (MiL-SiL)
- Support MiL, SiL and back-to-back testing of Simulink/TargetLink/ASCET/AUTOSAR models.
- Supports automatic reading of all interface information in Simulink/TargetLink/ASCET/AUTOSAR models, supports manual modification and import of internal interface signals of the model, ensures the convenience and accuracy of model building, and provides a guarantee for the repeated use of test cases in the development process.
- Automatically generate a test framework, including a complete input and output definition model and a special TPT execution engine. The test model framework forms a closed-loop test to accurately evaluate the correctness of the test case execution results.
- Support open-loop and closed-loop testing (support DYNA4/CarMaker/Carsim, etc.).
II. Processor-in-the-Loo (PiL) Processor-in-the-Loo (PiL)
TPT supports an integrated debugger for testing on actual target hardware.
- Integrated PLS-UDE: AURIX, Tricore, ARM Cortex etc.
- Integrating Lauterbach TRACE 32: ARM, Power Architecture etc.
III. Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) hardware in the loop test
- Support XiL-API interface to integrate with HiL devices: VT System/ dSPACE HiL/ Veristand/ ETAS LCO/ Concurrent iHawk/ Speedgoat, etc.
- Send test cases to HiL for execution, receive test data for evaluation.
- Support real-time testing and failure analysis.
IV. Vehicle-in-the-Loop (ViL) real vehicle in the loop test
TPT supports integration with CANape/INCA/CAN node for ViL testing. Autotester is an automated ViL test tool for TPT. It triggers the test cases written in TPT through the GUI interface, and at the same time informs the driver to trigger the action. TPT collects the message through VN1640 and performs automatic judgment and evaluation.
- Provides easy drive commands for testers with no driving experience
- Automate multiple executions of the same test case
- Image display and voice prompt test case execution process
- Simultaneously observe the execution status of multiple test steps and test cases
- Automatically evaluate and generate test reports
Track test requirements
- Support integration with tools such as IBM Rational DOORS/ Siemens Polarion/PTC to realize test requirement import/export
- Track requirements changes, conflict analysis
- Synchronize test cases with requirements management tools
- Test the test case-test requirement-assessment link
- Automatically generate requirement coverage analysis reports
TPT supports all testing activities of product development required by the ISO26262 standard. According to the requirements of ISO26262, when using software tools for safety-related development activities, a quality audit of the software tools used is required.
At present, TPT has passed the third-party certification of SGS-TUV Saar, which can meet the testing requirements of ISO26262 ASIL-A to ASIL-D for software. TPT provides the Qualification Package to realize the functional safety certification of the project in the best and most effective way.